Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rez (Dreamcast)

There are more than a few reasons for owning a Sega Dreamcast, but you'll surely agree that Rez is easily one of the chief ones. It is after all the first game that went for that synesthesia effect, a visual powerhouse, an absolutely excellent on-rails shooter, an  audio-visually stunning offering and one of the most surreal, unique and relaxing experiences ever realized. It is in short brilliant. Oh, and quite collectible too and that's why I figured everyone would be interested in grabbing one of those modestly priced Japanese Rez copies Play Asia still has in stock.

8 comments:

  1. If you play Rez (like I did) with a large screen, in a dark room and with a pair of quality headphones, you can bring yourself into a new level. Of crazyness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also a little something that helps, but I'm sure we shouldn't be talking about such things here ;)

    Still, you are right. It can bloody crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played it many times on my PS2 back when, and it stands as one of my favorite gaming experiences on that platform. Makes for a great 'group' game too, as people get enthralled by watching. I was proud to always be the man at the controls!

    Do you feel the Dreamcast version is superior? I'll consider adding one to the Preserve, if so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it might be superior actually, but frankly can't be sure. Only saw the PS2 version running once. Still, your fine Preserve could do with a gem like this I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great game/experience and quintessentially Dreamcastian. Considering picking up one myself. Now if it only came with one of those vibrator jobbies - uh but no used ones on that please - NIB only. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, NIB goes without question. You never know where it's bloody been. Heh. And, I must agree, It is indeed a quintessentially Dreamcastion game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course my friend, it's beer you were talking about, right? :P

    ReplyDelete