Friday, March 11, 2011

Seaman (Dreamcast)

The Dreamcast did have its fair share of absolutely brilliant games, but none of them has been weirder than Seaman, the excellent, demented, voice-driven Tamagochi-inspired offering, that starred a python-esque fish with a face and managed to out-art Rez and Shenmue. You really have to give this one a try, and this particular auction of Seaman (US) seems like a great opportunity to grab the thing in a most excellent and complete condition, including the microphone, outer box and even a Sonic Adventure 2 demo disc. Seller ships only to US addresses. 

8 comments:

  1. My boss from a game shop I used to work at would be absolutely mental for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he would of course be right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my eye out for a boxed copy of this oddball piece of software for a while so I might actually try to pick it up. I could try a backup I suppose but without the mic that little creep would just ignore me no matter how loud I yelled at the TV.

    Oh, and he updated the auction to say that there is no Sonic Adv2 demo disk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasty that, but I guess it doesn't really matter. As for me I'll be waiting for a PAL boxed Seaman... Good luck bidding MadPlanet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite marvellous that you are promoting one of the Dreamcast's best kept secrets in 2011. Hats off to you dear heart.

    Not only one of my best videogaming experiences ever, but also the nearest I have come to feeling emotion for a pet. I was gutted when he died, even though he had thrown excrement at me during his life...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah dear Father. So lovely seeing you around them internets again. And always a connoisseur of all things Dreamcast! Here, stay a while. I'll bring the cookies.

    ReplyDelete